Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hall of Fame

An update is well needed here. Sorry, but I have definitely neglected my duties of blogging the last couple weeks. To catch you all up Ry & I went to Michigan for his Hall of Fame ceremony. It has been over a year since I have been to Michigan and spent time with extended family. It was nice to visit. We had a pleasant surprise of snow fall on the Friday we got there. It was cold but it was a nice change from Vegas. I must be mental but I love snow! We had a little drama with Ryan’s luggage, but it all worked out in the end. It was a good trip. I know Ryan had a GREAT time!
The Tuesday we returned (Feb. 5), I had an appt. and everything is looking good. The baby is sitting fairly low, but should start moving upward as my uterus starts moving more out of my pelvic. The heart beat was between the 150’s/160’s…so, things are good. The baby is sitting right on my bladder and at times he/she won’t let me go potty. It's pretty painful so, the doc said to just try and relax, adjust and lean forward which will relieve temporary pressure so, I can at least go. Ryan got really sick with the flu and wasn’t able to join me. He was bummed because he hadn’t missed an appointment before this. I have gained 13 pounds…I was kind of freaking out but I know that is all part of pregnancy. The weather out here has really taken a turn for the better. IT HAS BEEN BEAUTIFUL. Nice breeze, upper 60’s…perfect. I have started walking again. Been taking Mya to the dog park and she loves it. Not that I'm that bad of an eater but I am really trying to make an effort to make better food choices and control my portions. I don’t want to be a fatty. Keeping up with my water intake really is helping me control my hunger too.

Well, this coming week is a BIG week. Feb. 12, my best friend Nicole is getting induced. I was able to take off a couple days to help out and be there. I am very, very excited! Then Thursday, Ryan’s dad (Mike) and two uncles (Mike & Dan) are coming out for a golf trip. Luckily for me I will have FOUR Valentines this year! Hehe.

10 days from today is the BIG appointment. I am just hoping and praying that the baby is doing great and is healthy. At this appointment they check the heartbeat and make sure it is developing normal. They take measurements of the baby and see if he/she is growing normal. We also, will get a due date (since I have the range now) and most exciting find out the sex (if little Baby Mo cooperates).

Until, next time! Bon voyage…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay!!! 8 daysssss to go!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it's a tie between girl vs. boy Morris baby. People seriously...it is a GIRL!!!:)