Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Name Game

So, after all the excitement of finding out that we are having a girl now comes the hard part, choosing a name. At this point it is the hardest thing because Ryan is a hard one to please when it comes to name selection...ha ha. Thanks goodness for Tim & Nicole because we've been bouncing ideas off of them for a few days now.

As you see we have put a voting poll to the right so we can get family and friends input. If it would have been a boy we had narrowed it down to a few names....but with a girl we had no idea. I thought I would give you a little history about why we've narrowed it down to these six combination (maybe more in the future). No matter what the sex was, we found it important to implement an element of family into the name. Luciana (pronunciation: Loo-see-on-ah) is combination of my Nana's first name and my Grandma Gomes' middle name. NOTE: I am aware I have adjusted spellings and they're not identical. I felt the easier for the little girl the better.

Eleanor is my great grandmother's and my mom's middle name. Ryan liked the twist of adding the "A" at the end of Eleanor...making it Eleanora. Marie is my middle name. Mathilda is my Grandma Gomes' first name. The names Isabella, Madelyn & Mirabella are names that we have liked and thought we would throw them into the selection. Isabella means God is my Oath and beautiful. Madelyn means woman of Magdala. Mirabella means admirable, wonderous and beautiful. The last name of course will be Morris carried on from Ryan.

So, we look froward to seeing everyone vote. No guarantees that we are sticking with any of these, but they are our initial choices.

Update on Nicole...I know many of you have asked...she is doing very well. Like we all expected Tim & her are amazing parents. They are naturals. Noah is a DOLL! Such a good baby. It is so, wonderful to be able to share in the growing of their new family. Besides it's good training for us.

Better get going...Love ya'all!

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I love the idea of naming your baby a family name, in fact we did the same thing in Dani's middle name. It was a combination of both Norm's mom & Grandma Morris' name (Jeanna - pronounced G-Anna.) I picked Isabella, but only because I like the name Bella. Any name you choose will be absolutely perfect for that precious little girl.

GM said...

Eleanor would be good. That was Ryan's great grandmothers (on his mothers side) first name. I think I like Isabella Eleanor Morris.

GM

Unknown said...

I would have to agree with GM and say that I really like Isabella Eleanor Morris. You should add it to the voting list!!! :)

Cheryl Morris said...

I voted for Samantha Marie although I do like the name Isabella.  I'm sure when you see your little girl for the first time, her name will be a perfect fit.

Anonymous said...

Cute blog Angela! I picked Samantha because I've always loved the feminine names that can be shortened to male names (Samantha to Sam, Maxine to Max, Alexis to Alex, etc.). But I really do love all of the names! Congrats again and good luck with the selection process!

Anonymous said...

I am very partial to the name Eleanor (it's my middle name too!). She's going to love it!