Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Beginning

Well, first I want to welcome all our family and friends who will be checking the blog for updates. I have a good high school friend who started a blog to share their excitement with out of town friends and family. So thanks to Sarah & Josh for this idea to BLOG!

I figure since we are already 15 weeks and 3 days into this thing called pregnancy I will catch you all up. I have realized with only being this far along modesty has already went out the door…so, be prepared…haha (I will still be a respectful lady, Mom…don’t worry). Well, after some debate we decide that I should get off the pill prior to our trip to the Dominican Republic (Nov. 30- Dec. 8). This was going to be our late honeymoon. So, October was the lucky month I went “el natural.” One week after eliminating the pill from my every day life baby Morris started growing. As the doctor said I must have been a fertile gal or Ryan’s fellas were strong swimmers. Well, not even thinking that I could be pregnant since, I just got off the pill. I waited a good 2 weeks before even considering a test. Well, I took one and it came up negative. After discussing the situation with Nicole (my best friend) she encouraged me to just wait a few days and try another…so, I took her advice. Sunday, November 4 was the day of truth. Woke up and two lovely pink lines were displayed. I instantly woke Ryan and shared the news. Of course, like many women I went to the store and peed on maybe 3 more tests (all different brands). We went to our first appt. Nov. 6 with Dr. Burns and she confirmed the news.

As Ryan wrote below that was our first US (ultra sound) done on Nov. 20. I was about 6 to 7 weeks along.

So, I have an appt. Feb. 5 (just a check up) and then the BIG one Feb. 20. This one I get another US and they measure the baby to see if it is developing were it should. This will also, pin point a due date since, right now I have a range of July 1 to July 10.

I feel that I am a pretty lucky. I feel great, had no morning sickness and to date no other typical pregnancy symptoms. Other than no “aunt flo” I have had no symptoms. I guess I got a couple days of being pretty tired. I still really am not showing. I have a bloated feeling but no one can see it yet.

Much love to you all. I will try to give little updates weekly or so. Once I start showing we will post more picks. For now I will leave you one of Mya!


~Angela

2 comments:

Scott and Tonya said...

Oh my gosh--CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are sooo excited for you. Ah the memories of pregnancy, I hope you continue to feel great. When is your due date? I have to say great minds think alike. Your blog looks just like our new blog. Come visit us at 5hamms (the rest is the same as yours). We still need to get together and catch up one of these days!! Tell Nicole "HI."

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I didn't reply to your comment, only to Ryans. That is SOOOO unfair. . . I didn't mean to leave you out.

Congratulations young lady. We in Michigan are all so proud of both of you and more than happy that there will be little baby in our family again. The last baby was Kenleigh and she is no baby any more!

I hear you are coming here in February. How exciting. . . let's hope it warms up by then. Right now the wind chill is about 12 below. . brrrrrr

So get real fat by then we all want to see a tummy on you! Just kidding. . . we want to see every part of you, not just your tummy!