Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My mom's retirement!

On April 30th, my mom after many, many years retired!  I am more than estatic for her.  She commuted an hour each way to the USAFA (United States Air Force Academy) starting in 1984.  She had been working there on base since I think 1975ish but we moved to Woodland park in '84.  I do know my folk had a a brief transfer in Altus, OK between '75 and '78 (prior to me being born).  Just not 100% how long they were there.  Nonetheless my mom shared some pictures of the lovely ceremony they did for her.  I so wish I could of been there to share in this SUPER exciting day for her.  Many of her bosses, co workers and friends came to celebrate.  They gave her all sorts of goodies from a signed certificate from President Obama to to a fancy sword-like letter opener to open all her retirement checks.  HAHA.  Here are some pictures of my mom's special day!





2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! Congratulations Janet!! You worked VERY hard for this. Enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Janet-we wish you all the best---you deserve it! RETIREMENT IS GREAT!!!! Mike & I love it!

Marcia