Tuesday, May 15, 2012

6 month stats and updates...

Yesterday Dexter got his 6 months stats and shots!  First off (I knwo I sound like a broken record) but I have two tough kids.  He didn't even cry.  He turned bright read and shock off the pain of the shots!  Elli was the same way.  His stats:

Weight:  17lbs 15oz (53%)
Height:  27inches (64%)
Head:  44-3/4 (73%)

He is eating 3x times a day.  Morning & night he gets rice cereal or oatmeal along w/ fruits and veggies.  At lunch he gets just a fruit or veggie w/ no cereal.  He has started taking water from a sippy cup.  He isn't fully trained w/ the cup yet but soon.  He still takes bottles.  Our goal by 9 months to to slowly thicken consistency up of the fruits & veggies getting to the point  of feeding chopped up pieces for him to feed himself.  Then also combining different fruits & veggies each meal to give a variety.

Dexter is a strong, solid boy.  He isn't crawling yet but scooting and rolling.  He is taking after his sister and has developed some skin issues.  Possibly eczema.  I just have kids w/ very sensitive skin.  Out little man also had an ear infection.  He is getting treated with antibiotics and has a follow up appointment in two weeks.  He didn't have a fever or many signs indicating he even had an infection.  Tough guy was still the happy guy he always is. 

We had a very enjoyable Mother's Day.  We took the kids to a local petting zoo, then went out to a nice lunch.  From there we came home and enjoyed hanging outside for a bit since the weather was perfect!  That afternoon I took nice nap!  It was great! 

We have a very busy summer ahead of us.  Memorial weekend our friends Kendra & Brock are coming to stay with us.  Then I go to Vancouver, Canada for work.  When I get back my parents will be here for 2 weeks.  Father's day weekend my folks, Dexter and I will go to Detroit and visit with my  Great Aunt Ilse, Great Uncle Wally and my cousins and there family.  That same weekend our dear friends Tim, Nicole, Noah, Cooper, Sarah & Maryn will be up in the upper peninsula of Michigan.  Ryan and Elli are going to head up there to visit.  I am pretty bummed to say the least that My folks trip and there over lapped but at least Ry and Elli will be able to visit with them. That is just JUNE and doesn't include the rest of my work travel! Crazy, Crazy!

Then it will be July and Elliana's 4th birthday! WAHOO!

0 comments: