Thursday, April 26, 2012

5 Months and counting...

Here are some pictures of Dexter from this past month. Dexter is eating 3 meals a day that include rice cereal, oatmeal and various fruits/veggies, plus his formula. He is such a happy dude. Sleeps from about 7:30/8pm to 6:30/7am. Then has two long naps. I have been trying to work with him lately to sit up but he isn't quite there, soon though. He is super strong, grabs toys, reaches for things, jibber jabbers. He is right on track developmentally. When he was sick last week he got weighed and is 17lbs. He has his 6 month appt. on May 14. Then I will get all the precentiles but the doctor said Dexter is  thriving fabulously.
I have been thinking lots about Dexter's many nicknames he has these days. It is funny how nicknames come about. Example; for some reason I have always called Elli my buggy and it has turned into bug bug or just bug. She loves it and responds to it. Not sure why or how but just is! HA. Well with Dex I call him Mr. McGoo...haha...it kind of stems from all his spitting up. Elli even calles him that sometimes too. Ryan still refers to him as Sexy Dexy...we often break out in song signing our version of the LMAFO song..."His Dexy and he Knows it...wiggle, wiggle, wiggle..." I am sure you get it.  We all have our for nicknames for certain people. For instance GiGi (my mom) calls Dexter "Little Man Dex." Marcia I hear calls him "Big Guy" often. I wonder if any will stick or what others will come. I still have many college friends call me Gomes or Gomez. High School friends still call me Rangela. Kind of fun to think about with your own kids. For the record some of Ryan's nicknames I have heard are Ry Ry, Houndie and Maurce. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 5 months Dex! I like the nickname bug! My dad has always called me bird!