Wednesday, March 11, 2009

8 Months Old Today!

El continues to grow, develop and MOVE! She is crawling around lots and in the beginning stages of pulling herself up. As you see from the video below she is great at pulling herself up in the crib. She gets up on her knees then she reaches, grabs and holds onto anything putting all her might into pulling herself up. Sometimes she gets up other times she gives up in frustration…or distracted by Mya. This month was definitely a learning experience for us parents. She started off the month (February) with a temperature of a 103 and NO sleep. After, taking her to a children’s urgent care (since it was over the 3 day weekend and couldn't get to her normal doctor) she had an ear infection. While she was just getting over her infection I came down with a serve sinus & ear infection having to go to the doctor twice in 3 days getting two shots, put on a breathing treatment (due to my asthma) and getting put on 2 antibiotics, steroids, nasal sprays and inhalers. After a long 7 days I was back to my old self. Then El got sick again but with the Roto virus (sp). She was vomiting and not doing good on the other end either. After a few hours, Ryan paged the pediatrician got some advice and after 7 days our little girl is happy as a clam. Of course, due to her sickness she wasn’t allowed at daycare thankfully we were able to figure things out alternating time off (since we both have been very buys). Because of the sickness we need to get her fattened up again. She was refusing food and not holding much in. We learned all about pedilyte and soy formula to “stuff” her up. We are back to being a healthy family. I am thankful Ryan was here. He helped out a TON. From cleaning yucky messes to getting up with those frequent sick cries. The pediatrician should be thanking Ryan to…since he kept me sane and not calling every5 minutes. Just helping me be patient and letting the sickness take its course (since, we had already been to the office a few times). Work is busy for both of us right now but what a treat it is to come home to our happy active baby!
Lets hope month 8 is a little smoother.

4 comments:

Scott and Tonya said...

There is nothing more stressful than having a sick baby except maybe having a sick baby and being sick yourself!! Thank heavens you're doing better. Elliana is absolutely darling and I hope this month finds you all much healthier!

Patty Rutenbar said...

Baby doctors know that moms worry and they expect that you'll call a lot. They also know that you'll become best friends since you are in their office a LOT when they are little. I remember finally getting to a stage that I wasn't at the dr's office all the time. Then it seemed like I was going through withdrawals. . . why don't we have to go to the dr. anymore? This too shall pass. . . hang in there! She's just too damn cute to be sick for too long! We love you both and are happy the two of you know how to work together to make her the cutest little girl in our lives!
Aunt Patty

Jim and Christy said...

What a month!! Holy Moly!! Reading this freaks me out (I can't help it, that's my personality). You two are such great parents, though. I'm glad to hear things are going better, and I, too, hope for a smoother 8th month for all 4 of you (Mya included...hehe). P.S. She looks more and more like Ryan to me...

Sadie said...

Man, February sounded rough! That first fever is the worst, I'm glad she's all better!